Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com: Tommy Thompson Sells Iran-Related Stock

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
Tommy Thompson Sells Iran-Related Stock
Oct 19th 2012, 02:37

WAUSAU, Wis. -- Wisconsin GOP Senate candidate Tommy Thompson sold his stock in companies that do business with Iran on Thursday, after The Huffington Post reported his significant investments.

Thompson's revelation came during his debate against Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) at the University of Wisconsin-Marathon Center for Civic Engagement on Thursday night. Thompson has accused Baldwin of being too soft on Iran during their bitter campaign for Wisconsin's open Senate seat.

"I didn't know about the fact that my stockbroker had purchased two shares, two company's stocks. I sold it. I sold it today," said Thompson, when Baldwin brought up the issue. The audience reacted audibly in surprise. "I do not -- I found out today, and I sold it today. I do not tolerate -- I do not agree with anybody doing business with Iran -- none whatsoever."

Read More... More on Elections 2012

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment