Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com: Weather Underground's 'Weather Weenies' Electrified By Hurricane Sandy

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
Weather Underground's 'Weather Weenies' Electrified By Hurricane Sandy
Oct 30th 2012, 05:03

The first question we always ask is "why?" Why, when the rest of us are hunkered down in our kitchens gathering canned food, water and batteries, are some seemingly-hypnotized people glued to their laptops or preparing their minivans for a hurricane chase?

Self-described "weather weenie" Angela Fritz emailed the Huffington Post with her story of when she first became fascinated by the weather:

My mom tells this story about when I became a weather geek. I was 2 years old and there was a massive thunderstorm rolling through Cleveland, Ohio, where I grew up. She says I would walk right up to the huge picture window in our living room and press my face to the glass and just stare at the storm through lightning, thunder, wind and rain. I can honestly say I don't remember wanting to be anything else.
Read More... More on Hurricane Sandy 2012

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment