Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com: Not Just A Teen Issue: Manorexia And Elder Eating Disorders On The Rise

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
Not Just A Teen Issue: Manorexia And Elder Eating Disorders On The Rise
Oct 3rd 2012, 16:27

"I was in so much pain that I could barely stand up," Matt Wetsel said, recalling one of the worst moments of his eating disorder. "By the time I got home, I realized that this wasn't a thing that was just happening. I had a serious problem."

Eating disorders are commonly associated with teen girls, but in reality this disease doesn't discriminate by gender or age. Research has shown that only 10 percent of men with eating disorders get help. And since these diseases are less commonly linked to men, many unknowingly encourage destructive behaviors.

"I started losing weight, and people close to me could tell what was wrong, or that something was wrong," Matt shared. "But acquaintances, coworkers, they were complimenting my weight loss, because that's what you do."

Read More... More on Health

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment